Theater News

Nope. Not movie theater news, but Theater news. You know? Like a Broadway play? Only this is "Off Broadway" - but evidently better than most shows on Broadway.

Matthew Tompkins, who stars in and plays the title character in my new film "Killing Down" (and he also co-produced the movie with me) is getting RAVE REVIEWS for a theater production he is currently also starring in...

The show is called "Transatlantic Liaison" and below is the link to the review:

NY Theater Review:
http://www.nytheatre.com/nytheatre/tran2495.shtml

The NY Times has also given it a positive review, but I don't have a link to it (if I find it I'll post it too).

I don't pretend to know much about Theater or Broadway. I've only been once and saw "Le Mis" back in the mid-90s. It was entertaining, but not really my cup of tea (I'm more of a Diet Coke and movie guy). But, I definitely respect what these folks do.

It's incredible to "memorize" an entire play - and then act it out like it's not memorized. Completely different than the movie business. Heck, I've been on shoots (including my own) where a "film actor" can barely get through one line at a time - let alone an entire scene (say, in a master shot). That is definitely one really nice thing to hiring theater actors (and TV actors to a lesser degree) to work on your film projects. They will know their lines - and more than one at a time. Of course you do sometimes need to "tone down" their performance because there is a big difference between acting for a theater crowd versus acting for a camera - but that's a topic for another post.

So anyway, if you're in New York City during the month of March go and check out "Transatlantic Liaison". From what I hear so far, it will be worth your time.

-Blake

(I do not have ticket info or even a theater location, but I assume it can be easily found on the web.)


0 comments to "Theater News"

Who Am I?

I'm a filmmaker who's produced & directed five feature films including the comedy SPILT MILK (available on iTunes), the new horror/thriller PHOBIA (on iTunes) and the action/thiller KILLING DOWN (which you can buy or rent at pretty much all the usual places).

I also created the Streamy and Webby award-winning web series PINK, which to date has been viewed online around 10 MILLION times at places like YouTube, Hulu, Koldcast and TheWB.com. And speaking of TheWB.com, I also produced and directed an online thriller for them called EXPOSED. It was released summer 2010. And most recently I created a new online sci-fi series called CONTINUUM, which is part of the online indie TV network JTS.tv - Just The Story and NOW available via VOD through indie platform Distrify.

Oh, and I don't shoot weddings. Thanks for asking though.

Blog Archive

Web hosting for webmasters
Site Meter