2006 SXSW Film Festival Reports

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to SXSW this year (fest is currently happening), although I might make a one-day trip to Austin on Tuesday for an unrelated gig (possibly shooting an interview down there).

Anyway, for some really good reporting from the panels and a few film reviews you need to check out Mike Curtis' blog at www.hdforindies.com. He's posting some great stuff!

A couple of the highlights for me are notes he took on a distribution panel with Todd Wagner (and all his cronies at Landmark, 2929 Entertainment, Magnolia Pictures, etc.) and another panel discussion with Peter Bart the editor of Variety.

SXSW has steadily grown over the past few years to be one of the definite top tier film festivals in the USA. I'd say it's getting very close to Sundance prowess now - although not quite as prestigious (or pretentious) and not as many "deals" made with distributors - but it is a really good festival.

I'm going next year for sure with or without a project to promote.

-Blake


0 comments to "2006 SXSW Film Festival Reports"

Who Am I?

I'm a filmmaker who's produced & directed five feature films including the comedy SPILT MILK (available on iTunes), the new horror/thriller PHOBIA (on iTunes) and the action/thiller KILLING DOWN (which you can buy or rent at pretty much all the usual places).

I also created the Streamy and Webby award-winning web series PINK, which to date has been viewed online around 10 MILLION times at places like YouTube, Hulu, Koldcast and TheWB.com. And speaking of TheWB.com, I also produced and directed an online thriller for them called EXPOSED. It was released summer 2010. And most recently I created a new online sci-fi series called CONTINUUM, which is part of the online indie TV network JTS.tv - Just The Story and NOW available via VOD through indie platform Distrify.

Oh, and I don't shoot weddings. Thanks for asking though.

Blog Archive

Web hosting for webmasters
Site Meter