HD DVD's Ready for March Release

Finally it appears that both HD camps have agreed upon the copy protection aspects of the new formats...

A critical hurdle to the launch of both the Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD formats was cleared late Wednesday when negotiators reached agreement on an interim license for the AACS copy-protection system slated to be used by both high-definition formats...

Read the entire article:
http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6308373.html

Well, good deal. I'm glad. Because I'm ready to completely redo my DVD collection. You know what I mean? Heck, I'll be first in line to get my brand new "Snow Dogs" HD DVD enhanced-directors-cut-wide-screen-with-no-sugar-added version.

Seriously, it is cool this stuff is happening now. Mainly from my point of view for my own projects! I'm looking forward to shooting in HD, or HDV, etc. and being able to actually distribute it to folks (clients, friends, etc.) so they can watch in true HD resolution.

Of course now I'll just need everyone to buy a new HD DVD player (and an HDTV too)... oh well, maybe the next new super HD format will be out by then. ;)

-Blake


0 comments to "HD DVD's Ready for March Release"

Who Am I?

I'm a filmmaker who's produced & directed five feature films including the comedy SPILT MILK (available on iTunes), the new horror/thriller PHOBIA (on iTunes) and the action/thiller KILLING DOWN (which you can buy or rent at pretty much all the usual places).

I also created the Streamy and Webby award-winning web series PINK, which to date has been viewed online around 10 MILLION times at places like YouTube, Hulu, Koldcast and TheWB.com. And speaking of TheWB.com, I also produced and directed an online thriller for them called EXPOSED. It was released summer 2010. And most recently I created a new online sci-fi series called CONTINUUM, which is part of the online indie TV network JTS.tv - Just The Story and NOW available via VOD through indie platform Distrify.

Oh, and I don't shoot weddings. Thanks for asking though.

Blog Archive

Web hosting for webmasters
Site Meter