1st Annual Indie Intertube Awards

Found out yesterday that the podcast Indie Intertube has created it's 1st Annual Awards... and the teaser trailer from my upcoming sci-fi series CONTINUUM has been nominated.

So, you might be thinking... Another awards show? And the thought crossed my mind too, but the thing I really like about what they do is feature actual indie content.

Nothing wrong with studio produced shows (I've done one), but the main stuff being produced on the web is by indie producers. It's like the late 90s indie film boom all over again, but this time told in 3 to 5 minute bites.

Of course this is one of the things that pissed a lot of folks off with the Streamy Awards, all the larger scale studio fare getting a lot of the spotlight. Rightly or wrongly, there was a lot of debate about it. I personally didn't have an issue. I mean indie films compete with studio films at the Academy Awards too, so why not in the web space? But, I digress...

Even though I don't have a problem with the two competing, it is very nice to have a podcast and awards show geared towards only indie content (sort of like the Indie Spirit Awards in the feature world). And it's also very nice they nominated the teaser trailer to CONTINUUM too. :)

Oh, btw, Blip TV has done a really cool thing by compiling 42 episodes of the nominated series into one player (including CONTINUUM), so definitely go and check that out.

-Blake

P.S. CONTINUUM's post-production is going very well and I'll have info in the near future regarding its release!


0 comments to "1st Annual Indie Intertube Awards"

Who Am I?

I'm a filmmaker who's produced & directed five feature films including the comedy SPILT MILK (available on iTunes), the new horror/thriller PHOBIA (on iTunes) and the action/thiller KILLING DOWN (which you can buy or rent at pretty much all the usual places).

I also created the Streamy and Webby award-winning web series PINK, which to date has been viewed online around 10 MILLION times at places like YouTube, Hulu, Koldcast and TheWB.com. And speaking of TheWB.com, I also produced and directed an online thriller for them called EXPOSED. It was released summer 2010. And most recently I created a new online sci-fi series called CONTINUUM, which is part of the online indie TV network JTS.tv - Just The Story and NOW available via VOD through indie platform Distrify.

Oh, and I don't shoot weddings. Thanks for asking though.

Blog Archive

Web hosting for webmasters
Site Meter