Martini - The QuickShot Creator

UPDATE: Looks like the $99 pricing was a "Cyber Monday" sale and it's now back to $199. However, I just found the software still on sale at Digital Juice for $99. Not sure how long it will last though. Here's a link: http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/products.asp?pid=1571

I've used storyboarding software in the past from Frame Forge and Storyboard Quick, but I really don't use it that often. However today I came across this interesting quasi-storyboard software for Final Cut Pro that I might use a lot... Martini.

From their website...

Martini - The QuickShot Creator for Final Cut Pro

See into the future and visualize your upcoming shots with Martini! Now, bridging the gap between your unshot scenes and your final edit is faster and easier than ever with the shot-creating power of Martini!

Don't get blacked out! No more black slugs with text explaining what "shot goes here" - show that shot wth the dynamic power of Martini. From single shots to multi-shot sequences, Martini helps directors and editors piece together a better final film.

Loaded with hundreds of classic and unique shot styles Martini's easy-to-use interface guides you through the quick creation of frames. Select a shot style, from single person up to 5 people in a shot...everything you need from basic over-the-shoulder shots, two and three shots, close-ups as well as fight scenes, chase scenes and other pre-composed multi-shot sequences.

Select a location: choose from hundreds of pre-loaded backdrops. Interiors, exteriors and even your own digital location photos. You've already scouted your location? No problem, use the My Locations option and bring that into your shot.


Here's a direct link to their site:
http://www.martiniquickshot.com/

And here's a nice video explaining the software:
http://www.martiniquickshot.com/demo.php

If you've ever made a film, music video, commercial, etc. you know there are always missing shots and/or pickup shots needed, and this really does look like a great tool to help fill in the gap (and help you, your client, and/or your DP visualize them).

It's only $99 too, and I think you could pretty easily create larger scale storyboards if you wanted to. I have not personally tried the software yet, but plan to download the demo and give it a try.

If anyone already owns the software or has tried it, please let me know if it is good or not. Looks pretty good to me...

-Blake

P.S. And no, I am not being paid by them because my blog has the same name - although that's not a bad idea. :)


0 comments to "Martini - The QuickShot Creator"

Who Am I?

I'm a filmmaker who's produced & directed five feature films including the comedy SPILT MILK (available on iTunes), the new horror/thriller PHOBIA (on iTunes) and the action/thiller KILLING DOWN (which you can buy or rent at pretty much all the usual places).

I also created the Streamy and Webby award-winning web series PINK, which to date has been viewed online around 10 MILLION times at places like YouTube, Hulu, Koldcast and TheWB.com. And speaking of TheWB.com, I also produced and directed an online thriller for them called EXPOSED. It was released summer 2010. And most recently I created a new online sci-fi series called CONTINUUM, which is part of the online indie TV network JTS.tv - Just The Story and NOW available via VOD through indie platform Distrify.

Oh, and I don't shoot weddings. Thanks for asking though.

Blog Archive

Web hosting for webmasters
Site Meter